Still Life Award - Early Bird pricing Ends Last day of the month
The Still Life Award is for all levels of fashion illustrators/artists using all modes of image making.
You can use any of the following mixed media techniques:
- Water colour
- Pencil drawing/ Colour Pencil/ Markers/ Rubbing/ Paint/ Canvas/ Paper
- Printmaking/ Screen Printing/ Litho/ Etching
- Pen & Ink
- Acrylic/Oil etc...
- Photo Collage
Student ID required* for student applications - Email a copy with your submission
A still life is a work of art depicting mostly inanimate subject matter, typically commonplace objects which are either natural (food, flowers, dead animals, plants, rocks, shells, etc.) or man-made (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewellery, coins, pipes, etc.) A fashion still life can juxtapose fashion products with any other objects of the past of today mixing traditional with commercial..
This award will be judged on the following:
Originality, style, mood, composition and design. The work can be commissioned, published, unpublished or a personal project.
After payment, you will receive an email with details of the requirements and instructions for entering your images. Please provide us with a valid email address when purchasing.
Students applications must have ID attached to entries.
There are 4 award categories this year:
Portrait. Beauty. Still Life. Multidisciplinary
This year, we will be selecting 1 extra winner under each category, from the student applications.
The 4 category award winners and 4 student winners will each receive prizes worth over £1000:
• 1 year of Fida membership
• a feature in next years’ Fible
Of the 4 category winners and 4 student winners, 1 artist will go forward to become the overall winner and will receive an additional prize of £2000 cash.
DEADLINE: 28th October 2022. 11.59 US EST.
Save images as Jpg or png
Artwork can be any dimensions, but maximum file size you can send is 5 MB.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR YOUR SUBMISSION IS 28th October 2022 11:59pm EST US.
Fida will notify:
This product is non-refundable.
The application and notification process for the awards are as follows:
- Once you have purchased an entry into the awards, you will be sent instructions explaining how to format and send image(s).
- Once Fida receives your images, you will be emailed, to confirm receipt of the image(s).
- In order that all artists can be notified at the same time, both the Longlist and Shortlist will initially be announced on the Fida website: www.fidaworldwide.com. Dates and times will be provided on the website and instagram, once agreed.
- The Longlist and Shortlist will also, at a later date, be announced on Fida worldwide’s Instagram account.
- The finalists and winners will be announced during a virtual event on @fidaworldwide Instagram Live. Dates and times of the live announcement will be provided on the website and on instagram, once agreed, so please make sure you follow us to receive this information (@fidaworldwide).
- Winners and finalists will also be added to the website www.fidaworldwide.com, in due course, after the Live Instagram announcement.
- You will NOT be emailed individually with results. If your name is not shown on the website, you have NOT been selected.
- Due to the number of entries we receive, and the fact that we secure industry professionals to judge our awards, it is not possible to give individual feedback to each applicant.