Avant-garde Fashion Drawing/ Illustration Award
The Avant-garde Award is for all levels of fashion illustrators/artists using all modes of image making.
You can use any of the following mixed media techniques:
Traditional techniques with New Technology processes
- Water colour
- Pencil drawing/ Colour Pencil/ Markers/ Rubbing/
- Printmaking/ Screen Printing/ Litho/ Etching
- Pen & Ink
- Photo Collage
Student ID required* for student applications - Email a copy with your submission
The Avant Garde Award is open to the artists using mixed media, combining traditional and new technology together. The artworks for this award can represent anything inspired by fashion: designers, collections, fashion shows, advertisements, photos, personal fashion inspiration or your own representation of fashion. Fashion is your own interpretation of the world of clothes and culture.
This award will be judged on the following:
Originality, style, mood, composition and design. The work can be commissioned, published, unpublished or a personal project.
After payment, you will receive an email with details of the requirements and instructions for entering your images. Please provide us with a valid email address when purchasing.
Students applications must have ID attached to entries.
There are 4 award categories this year:
Avant Garde, Classical, Fashion Show and Nouveau
The winner of each category will receive over £1000 worth of Fida products (Membership for 1 year worth £270 and feature in The Fida Fashion Illustration Bible Book worth £750).
Of the 4 category winners, 1 artist will go forward to become the overall winner and will receive an additional prize of £2000
DEADLINE: 1st October 2021. 11.59 US EST.
Save images as Jpg or png
Artwork can be any dimensions, but maximum file size you can send is 5 MB.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR YOUR SUBMISSION IS 1st OCTOBER 2021 11:59pm EST US.
Fida will notify:
This product is non-refundable.
The application and notification process for the awards are as follows:
- Once you have purchased an entry into the awards, you will be sent instructions explaining how to format and send image(s).
- Once Fida receives your images, you will be emailed, to confirm receipt of the image(s).
- In order that all artists can be notified at the same time, both the Longlist and Shortlist will initially be announced on the Fida website: www.fidaworldwide.com. Dates and times will be provided on the website and instagram, once agreed.
- The Longlist and Shortlist will also, at a later date, be announced on Fida worldwide’s Instagram account.
- The finalists and winners will be announced during a virtual event on @fidaworldwide Instagram Live. Dates and times of the live announcement will be provided on the website and on instagram, once agreed, so please make sure you follow us to receive this information (@fidaworldwide).
- Winners and finalists will also be added to the website www.fidaworldwide.com, in due course, after the Live Instagram announcement.
- You will NOT be emailed individually with results. If your name is not shown on the website, you have NOT been selected.
- Due to the number of entries we receive, and the fact that we secure industry professionals to judge our awards, it is not possible to give individual feedback to each applicant.